This course is for students who want to learn first-hand about the many diverse specialisms of medicine, biomedical sciences and prepare for their medical school interviews. Speakers include lecturers and researchers from the UK’s top universities, as well as practising surgeons and consultants. Students will be challenged and inspired through lectures during this unique preparatory course.
Possible themes and lectures may include:
– Medical ethics
– Medical research skills
– Forensic anatomy and dental identity
– Medical sciences and bone biology
– Introduction to anatomy, trauma and orthopaedics
– Introduction to genetic medicine
– Cell biology
– The medical school years and what life is really like as a doctor
– A two-week online course run by university lecturers and academic tutorial staff.
– In an online format to enable students to learn from all corners of the globe and spend their holidays at home.
– A seamless online course delivery with a mixture of pre-recorded and live content, tailored to it in with a range of time zones including Asia and Europe.
– A personal academic tutor to guide you through the course and support you in your learning journey.
– Gain invaluable and first-hand knowledge of the diverse specialisms of medicine.
– Training on personal statement and individualised feedback from university lecturers on how to optimise it to maximise their chances of getting into their top university.
– A practice medical school interview and feedback.